Thursday, December 15, 2005

Pure and Transparent Relationships

In my early morning walks, I've begun listening to a summer school course on contemporary theologies by Dr. Cherith Nordling. Before getting into the genesis and specifics of various contemporary theologies, she reviewed the nature of trinity as eternal loving community.

The comment that particularly grabbed my attention and my heart was related to our eternal destiny — rather than being a "boring" existence sitting around, we are invited into the eternal loving community of Father, Son & Spirit. This means not only do we have perfected relationship with God, but our relationships with other people will be free of all the things that mess them up now. Indeed we will relate to each other in a pure and fully transparent manner, and be loved and accepted as we are.

To be fully known, to stand before God and others fully transparent, as my naked self, and feel no shame. Now that is an exciting prospect! And one that makes my heart sing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home